google-site-verification: google48b461eebe9921ea.html

Frequently asked questions

If you have additional questions that may not be answered here, please contact us and one of our friendly team members will kindly provide you with answers.

What care & living options are available?

We offer long-term care, skilled nursing, memory support, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation therapy with personalized care plans. We also offer the following senior living options: Independent living (RCAC), assisted living and long-term care. 

What is skilled nursing care?  

Skilled nursing care helps with medical needs including rehab therapies, medication management, IV therapy, memory care, wound care, medication management, pain management, and more. Care is administered by our nursing staff. 

What is long-term care?

Long-term care is for those who need permanent full-time care with daily activities like bathing, dressing, eating, moving from one place to another, hygiene, etc. Long-term care is usually provided in a skilled nursing facility (SNF) like Ingleside Communities.

How does rehabilitation therapy work?

We offer both inpatient and outpatient therapy. Physical, occupational and speech therapies as well as other modalities are available. Many patients use physical therapy prior to surgery, or to help with post-surgery recovery. Therapy often occurs after a hospital stay, like after knee or hip surgery or following injury, accident or illness. Outpatient and short-term inpatient rehab therapy is often covered by Medicare.

What is assisted living (CBRF)?  

CBRF stands for Community Based Residential Facility which is also known as assisted living. Assisted living offers private or shared living quarters with a higher level of assistance than independent senior living offers. Staff help with activities of daily living like hygiene, eating, moving, medication reminders, etc.  Not all assisted living facilities in Wisconsin are the same.  For a better understanding of those distinct differences, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services has provided some help.

What is Independent living (RCAC)?  

RCAC stands for Residential Care Apartment Complex, also known as independent living for seniors which provides small private apartments with minimal levels of service. Meals are available in the community dining room, or residents can make small meals and snacks in their apartments. Staff is always available to help, but most seniors in independent living are fairly self-sufficient and require less assistance. 

​Do you offer 24-hour nursing care?  

- Skilled nursing and long-term care facility provides on-site nurses 24-hours a day.  

- Assisted living residence has 24-hour care by trained resident assistants.  24-hour access to our skilled nursing staff is available for emergencies. 


- Residential care apartments have 24-hour access to our skilled nursing staff for emergencies. 

What are the health requirements and why are they necessary for admission?

At each of our facilities, along with a completed admission application, a medical history and examination form, including admitting orders by a physician is required prior to admission.  Additionally, each patient, resident and tenant is screened for tuberculosis by their physician and the results submitted to Ingleside Communities.  

How is my level of care determined?  

Prior to admission, our nurses, social workers and care team work together to assess your current health, review your medical history and your personal needs to determine what level of care you may need.  At admission, the care team works with you to confirm how we can best meet your needs.  They will ask you about your preferences and your normal routines to develop a care plan just for you. 

How much does it cost to live at Ingleside Communities?

The cost to live at our facilities varies so please call us. Each of our three living options have varying levels of care.  Our Admissions and Administrative staff will help you understand your options prior to move-in. There are limitations depending on your care needs, however we do accept Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, Medicare replacements, long-term insurance and private pay. 

Will my fees change?

From time to time, Ingleside Communities may need to change the fees charged.  This may be a result of changes in the services provided or an increase in our costs.  Residents will be notified in advance of fee increases.  

What is Alzheimer's disease?  

Alzheimer's Disease is the most common form of dementia.  It causes memory loss and causes issues with behavior.  According to the Alzheimer's Association, it accounts for 60-80% of dementia cases. 

What types of activities are there to do at Ingleside Communities?  

At each of our facilities, we have several activities, outings and events that vary week to week.  We include activities for those with dementia including Alzheimer's Disease.  They are determined by season and are designed by our activities staff to engage mind, body and spirit. In addition to in-house games, crafts, music, exercise classes and special events, we regularly plan fun activities out in the community such as lunch outings, scenic rides, shopping, or other engaging activities. There’s always something to look forward to! View our activity calendar here.

What are my options for dining?  

At all of our facilities, we emphasize choice.  We offer 3 unique entrees featured at each of our daily meals, plus offer an “alternative menu” for for those with a difference preference.  Snacks are available anytime to residents at our skilled nursing facility. 

Can I bring my own things from home?  Yes!

Nursing home: Whether you come for a long-term or short-term rehab stay, you are welcome to bring items of comfort for your room. We do provide you with the basic furniture including a bed, dresser, chair, etc. We always encourage residents to make their room as comfortable as possible including personal pictures, bedspreads, etc. 

Assisted Living & RCAC:  We encourage residents and tenants to use the floor plans provided to plan their furniture  placement.  We do not have specific "rules" for what may be brought in, however staff must be able to move around in the unit or apartment to clean and assist the residents and tenants if needed.


What should I bring for a short-term therapy stay?  

Comfortable clothes, athletic shoes, pajamas, a robe, slippers, personal grooming items and anything you might want on a daily basis. We typically take care of laundering your clothing, however your family is welcome to handle it if you prefer.  We have movies to watch and activities you can choose to participate in while you’re not in therapy, or you can bring your own entertainment. Wifi internet is available in common areas of the buildings.

Is transportation available for doctor appointments?  

Nursing Home: For health purposes, the resident is responsible for transportation to and from appointments as needed if their physician of choice does not make scheduled visits to Ingleside.  If family is unable to provide this transportation, Ingleside staff will make the necessary transportation arrangements and the cost will be the responsibility of the resident.  

Assisted Living and RCAC:  Staff can assist in arranging transportation for appointments.  There are fees associated with this service, which will show on the monthly invoice.  For trips outside of Mt. Horeb, staff may contact a medical transportation service to scheduled trips, with those service fees billed directly by the transportation provider to you.

Are visiting hours restricted?  

We welcome visitors and work with families and friends to visit their loved ones at a time that works best for them. To honor quiet hours and our individuals' privacy, we encourage visiting hours between 9 am and 7 pm. To keep the building secure, doors are locked at 10 pm, but entry is available via a doorbell.


Do you allow pets?

We don’t allow pets to live at Ingleside Communities, however we welcome currently vaccinated pets to visit. Occasionally, we have therapy pets that come in to visit with residents who are interested. Pet visits are always a highlight for staff and residents alike.


How quickly can you help place a resident or patient?  

We work with each family to support their needs as best we can, including accommodating urgent admissions. Residents and tenants receive a full care assessment prior to moving in, which helps our care team develop an individualized care plan. In some cases, a new admission can occur in as little as a few hours.

How do I arrange a tour?  

Touring our facilities is the best way to get a true feel for what life would be at Ingleside Communities,  please call us for a personalized tour.  During your visit, we’ll talk with you about your personal circumstances and how we can best meet your individual needs.  For a tour of the nursing home, call 608-470-4006; for assisted living including memory care, call 608-470-4053. Or contact us through our Contact form.